The competition aims to encourage teenagers to be creative and involved in a visual art in a focused way and to highlight their issues and concerns through photography.
- Photos will be judged on their composition, creativity and clarity.
- Photos must respond to the theme of the competition
- Previously published photos or those used to participate in any other competitions will not be accepted and will be disqualified.
- Each contestant by participating in the competition, affirms and warrants that the photos comply with all GDPR regulations and do not infringe any third-party rights. It is the contestant’s responsibility to obtain consents from any individual whose image appears in submitted photos.
- Winning and photos with honorable mentions may be used by Apollon International Photo Competition for any promotional purposes.
All teenagers who on the date of the competition announcement (15 November 2019) are between the ages of 13 and 19 years old.
The Panel of distinguished, expert judges will consider the quality and relevance to the theme as well as originality and creativity.
- The Jury rates each entry from one to a hundred (one being the lowest.) The scores are then tallied and the winners selected. The identity of all entrants is hidden from the Jury.
- The first 30 photographs will go into the exhibition.
- The decision of the Committee of Judges is final and binding on all contestants in respect to the competition and no further discussion will be entered into.
Head Judge: Alejandro Loar
Alexandros Ioannou Peletie
- 1st Prize – €300
- 2nd Prize – €200
- 3rd Prize – €100
- Certificates will be awarded for the winning photographs
- The Award Ceremony will take place on Thursday, 28 May 2020 at the St Raphael Resort, Limassol at 6.30pm in collaboration with the Elafi Animal Welfare Awards
- The winners will be notified prior to the Award Ceremony.
- The winners will be officially announced with a prize giving at the Award Ceremony which will appear in the local press and social media.
- Each contestant must submit a maximum of 3 colour or black and white photographs which respond to the theme of the competition.
- The photographs may be taken on a mobile phone or with a camera.
- For anonymity and confidentiality purposes, contestants should use a random five-digit code of identification. The same code will be used for all submitted photographs.
- The photographs must be taken after 15 November 2019, the official announcement date of the contest.
- Each of the submitted photographs must have the dimensions of 30cm x 40cm with a minimum of 300dpi. Multiple emails from the same contestant will be disqualified
- Front copy of your ID / passport
- Entry Fee of EUR10 for a maximum of 3 photos, through Paypal to address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Upload via WeTransfer from website: www.saskiaconstantinou.com/photo-competition or send email to email@example.com with the following ATTACHMENT : Properly named photo/s, Personal Application Form. Photographs which appear within the email will not be accepted.
- Each photograph has to be named in the following manner:
12345 – 1 – HOW TO DO IT
12345 – is the unique code
1 – refers to the number of the photograph
HOW TO DO IT – refers to the title of the photograph IN ENGLISH ONLY
- Photographs which pass to the 2nd round of the competition will be notified by email during February 2020, and will be expected to print and submit their photos for the exhibition which will take place in Nicosia.
- Photoshop or any other editing programme may be used ONLY to enhance the picture by making it brighter or clearer, remove spots or scratches but not to manipulate the photographs in any way.
1. Download forms & complete
Deadline for submission:
20 April 2020 at 17h00
2. Pay application fee – 10€
3. Upload Files
In the message field please be sure to add your
- 5 DIGIT CODE
Please upload these files :
- Front of ID or Passport
- Application Form Apollon Intl Photo Competition
- Photo #1
- Photo #2
- Photo #3
If you have any problems uploading the documents, please email directly to : firstname.lastname@example.org